STEP TWO - Review Your License
Look at your initial license and any amendments to determine
- How many sites are authorized under your CoStar license (“Authorized Sites”)
- How many users are authorized under your CoStar license (“Authorized Users”)
Then identify which sites and which individuals are currently designated as Authorized Sites and Authorized Users under your license. If you need assistance with this, contact your CoStar Account Executive or CoStar Customer Service.
STEP THREE – Audit Your Usage
- Are any of your Authorized Users based at a site that is not licensed?
- Do the total number of your brokerage, research, sales, appraisal, or other similar personnel performing tasks exceed the number of CoStar Authorized Users?
- Do any of the individuals designated as Authorized Users under your license work for a separate company with commercial real estate information needs?
- Does your company provide any photos or information to listing services or other information providers without appropriate policies and procedures in place to ensure that you do not provide photos or information obtained from CoStar?
- Does your company populate an internal database of commercial real estate information without appropriate policies and procedures in place to ensure that you do not incorporate any photos or information obtained from CoStar without permission?
- Are any of your Authorized Users sharing their passcodes?
STEP FOUR – Contact CoStar
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions in Step Three, immediately contact CoStar at 888-886-3982 or email@example.com.